Welcome to the Weekly Quick Hits Roundup!
If you’re new here, every week I write a weekly wrap-up of things that were going on here at Young Adult Money, a few personal updates/thoughts, and finally a few posts I read this week that I thought were worth sharing.
We also have our giveaway roundup every Friday. This Friday there are 61 giveaways listed this week that end today (10/24) through next Thursday (10/30).
Happy Friday everyone!
What’s up everyone? It’s Friday!
This week has been a tiring one for me, mainly because I’ve been staying up a bit too late. A few updates and random thoughts:
- So far I referred 2 people to DraftKings via my *monster* 1,500 word post on Is Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) a Good Way to Make Money?
I’m pretty happy with the referrals considering this is a personal finance site. I hope this post ranks on Google and gets some more eyeballs. When you refer someone on DraftKings you can technically make money off the referral “forever” i.e. as long as they keep buying into tournaments.
This actually is the reason I’ve been a bit tired this week. I decided to start working on a Daily Fantasy Sports niche site and kind of started it on a whim on Sunday. It’s really exciting to work on a second website but I’m not naive to how much behind the scenes work there is, especially at the beginning.
- I finished reading a book that could very well end up having a huge impact on my life. The book is called All In Startup.
I finished it late on Sunday night and immediately tweeted with the author, Diana Kander. I’ve tweeted with a number of other authors of books I’ve read that I like and I’m starting to take it for granted. Getting directly in touch with an author – especially a best-selling author – was nearly unthinkable just a few years ago.
If you plan on launching a startup at any point in your life, this is the one book you need to read. I’ll have a post about it sometime soon here, but I can’t stress enough what an impact it could have on your life. There’s a reason it has 60 five-star reviews, 5 four-star reviews, and 0 one, two, or three-star reviews.
I’ll stop there as this post is getting lengthy quick. Time to watch the latest episode of The League on DVR. It’s sad how obsessed I am with that show.
Below are the posts we published this week:
- On Monday I shared You Won’t Believe What the Show Breaking Bad is Actually About
- On Tuesday I explained How to Get Started in Freelance Writing
- On Wednesday Erin explained How To Get Your Spouse Interested in Your Financial Situation
Posts of the Week:
As usual, here are 5 posts that I enjoyed this week from around the blogosphere.
Want to be featured? I pick blogs that comment on the site regularly, so stop by and leave a comment!
- Natalie from The Finance Girl gave 5 Pieces Of Advice For Choosing A Career
- Raquel from Practical Cents talked about HBO Going Solo: Shaking up the Cable Business Model
- Erin from Journey to Saving had some HUGE news in Day Trip to Asheville Recap (Plus a Surprise!)
- Andrew from Living Rich Cheaply is Embracing Minimalism
- Shannon from Financially Blonde had a guest post about goals titled Mushaboom
What’s new with you? Anything fun planned this weekend? What one book has had the biggest impact on your life?