If you’re new here, every week I write a weekly wrap-up of things that were going on here at Young Adult Money, a few personal updates/thoughts, and finally a few posts I read this week that I thought were worth sharing.
We also have our giveaway roundup every Friday. This Friday there are 80 giveaways listed this week that end today (8/22) through next Thursday (8/28).
Happy Friday everyone!
As you may already know, I was at a wedding last weekend. The wedding took place on a farm and through the time and effort of many people ended up being an awesome wedding.
The picture I included at the top of this post is one I took at the wedding. There was a very old barn on the property. I’m not sure how old the barn was, but it had to be in the 80+ range. It had been neglected as it hasn’t been used in decades. It ended up making a truly stunning backdrop for the wedding.
I had a couple of days off from work this week so I’ve been getting some work done around the house, as well as writing blog posts.
I have a few fun things planned this weekend including heading to the casino to play some poker. I used to play a ton of poker during college, but have only played a few times the past couple years. I also will be making to the Minnesota State Fair, which is the biggest fair in the United States.
Below are the posts we published this week:
- On Monday I expained How to Make Money Entering Giveaways.
- On Tuesday I explained The Fastest Way to Get Life Insurance.
- On Wednesday Cat asked Do You Use Cash or Credit Cards?
Posts of the Week:
As usual, here are 5 posts that I enjoyed this week from around the blogosphere:
- Deb from Debt Debs shared her Thoughts on Suicide
- Kassandra from More than Just Money gave a great checklist in Financial Fire Drill – Are You Ready?
- Lauren from Write Budget explained How to Become a Minimalist Without Even Trying
- Tonya from Budget and the Beach talked about Being Uniquely You
- Anne from Money Propeller told us about how she Hired a VA (and it’s Awesome)
How was your week? Anything fun planned this weekend? Do you go to your State/County/City fair?
Photo by m01229