Read on to find out if we won or not…
Welcome to the Weekly Quick Hits Roundup!
If you’re new here, every week I write a weekly wrap-up of things that were going on here at Young Adult Money, a few personal updates/thoughts, and finally a few posts I read this week that I thought were worth sharing.
We also have our giveaway roundup every Friday. This Friday there are 165 giveaways listed this week that end today (5/9) through next Thursday (5/15).
Happy Friday everyone!
We got some good news on Monday: we won the Hawaii vacation that IZEA gave away!
I want to thank everyone who signed up for IZEA’s new social marketplace through our referral link. We (literally) couldn’t have won without all your help!
I can’t think of anything else to share because it’s not every day you can say “I won a trip!” Winning a trip almost seems like something that you hear happening but couldn’t happen to you.
Before all your personal finance geeks out there comment in the post – YES, I realize I have to pay taxes on it ;)
This weekend I don’t have anything too exciting going on. I plan on spending some time with my Mom and the rest of my family on Mother’s Day.
Below are the posts we published this week:
- On Monday I explained How to go to Vegas for Cheap – or even Free.
- On Tuesday Sally shared 3 Questions to Answer Before Making a Job Change.
- On Wednesday Cat asked Should You Start a Second Blog?.
- On Thursday I gave 7 Reasons to Turn Down a Higher-Paying Job Offer
Posts of the Week:
As usual, here are five posts from around the blogosphere that I enjoyed:
- John from Frugal Rules shared a travel hack in The 20 Dollar Sandwich Trick: Score a Better Hotel Room
- Lauren from Write Budget tells you how to How to Stop Overspending
- Natalie from The Finance Girl shared a great post about Increasing Your Income: A Lesson On Money
- Shannon from Financially Blonde shared about financial lessons from her mom in She Works Hard for Her Money
- Travis from Enemy of Debt shared an entertaining personal story in When Your Kid Shows More Financial Responsibility Than You
How was your week? Any plans for the weekend? Will you use the tips in our How to go to Vegas for Cheap – or even Free post to save money next time you head to Vegas?
Photo by Daniel Ramirez